DEMON KNIGHTS #8For more Bernard Chang, check out his official website and his deviantART page.
Written by PAUL CORNELL
Art by BERNARD CHANG, DIOGENES NEVES and OCLAIR ALBERT
Cover by MIKE CHOI
On sale APRIL 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Just how exactly did Madame Xanadu become the paramour of both Jason Blood and Etrigan, the foul demon trapped inside him? On the road to Alba Sarum, there’s nothing but time for tall tales…and this one’s as unbelievable as they come! Featuring guest art by Bernard Chang (DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS)!
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
The Source has posted the solicit for April's issue of Demon Knights.
Comic Book Resources delivers with this fantastic Paul Cornell interview. Some highlights:
- How the idea of dinosaurs at the end of issue #1 came about.
- Cornell's movie influences.
- The role of Camelot and Merlin in the story.
- Etrigan's role in the team and how that is effected by his relationship with Madame Xanadu.
- Shining Knight's gender and friendship with Exoristos.
- Horsewoman's integration into the team.
- The next arc will take place in a city, influenced by Skyrim and Conan.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
My local comic book store didn't get this week's shipment of Demon Knights #5 for some reason. Sad face. However, the local comic book stores frequented by these reviewers apparently did. Yay!And in a new feature, I'll starting pointing you to issue-specific forum threads around these here interwebs. Talk with your fellow fanboys/fangirls at any of the following:
- The Blue Fairy's Bookshelf (positive)
- The Buy Pile (positive)
- Comic Book Resources (3.5/5)
- Comic Vine (4/5)
- IGN (8/10)
- Gamma Squad lists Demon Knights as #3 in the 5 New 52 comics you must be reading.
- The Journal and Courier interviews Paul Shelton of Von's Comics in West Lafayette, IN, who mentions that Demon Knights is a "hot-selling title".
- Christian A. Young's Dimlight Archive discusses the presence of Shining Knight as a transgender character.
- Bleeding Cool theorizes that Demon Knights is really just a Dungeon & Dragons game in comic book form.
- PLAYBACK:stl doesn't include Demon Knights in its Top 10 New 52 comics, but is mentioned for having the potential to have a "quite interesting" dynamic between its characters.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
As always, thank you Diamond Comics and ICv2 for the figures. We have a rank of 75, dollar rank of 74, index of 18.91, and estimated quantity of 25,298. As you can see from the graph below, the drop off from #3 to #4 is about the same as it was from #2 to #3 as far as index and estimated quantity are concerned and not quite as bad for rank and dollar rank.